Signaling upgrade studies for the Moroccan Railways Northern lines, in Morocco. The project includes the studies [+]
Study and conception of a new oil & gas port in Jorf Lasfar
- Client: Direction des Ports et du Domaine Public Maritime (DPDPM)
- Country: Morocco
- Start date: 2011
The design of new port facilities for the reception of hydrocarbons and GNL in the premises of the port of Jorf Lasfar (El Jadida, Morocco).
Several configurations have been analyzed under the forecasted traffic of LNG vessels of up to 267.000 m3 of capacity (Qmax) or a port devoted to the hydrocarbons (vessels up to 150.000 TPM), considering a staged port development.
The new port, with a water surface of 250 - 420 Ha has been conceived to host a traffic of BCM of LNG per year, and 10 millon t/y of imported crude plus another 7,5 million t/y in exportations of refined oils. The energetic port includes the construction of :
- Sheltering works: sloped breakwater with a counter-dike, with a total length of between 2 and 3 km.
- Berthing works: 1 berth for the unloading of LNG (with prevision for a future second berth) + 4 berths for the unloading of crude and refined products (depending on the selected configuration). The operation platform of each berth will be composed of a gravity structure that hosts the maritime equipment, unloading arms, gangway, pipe rack, accesses, fire fighting systems, etc.
Final design was validated by means of navigational and operativity studies by means of numerical models.
The project comprises the following five phases, SENER having participated, as consortium leader, in all of them, with special focus on design phases:
- Phase 1. Preliminary studies (marine climate analysis and wave simulations, design basis, coastal dynamics, risk analysis, etc.)
- Phase 2. Study of Alternatives and Port layout definition (conceptual design, wave agitation simulations, navigation preliminary studies, multicriteria analysis)
- Phase 3. Basic engineering (navigation simulations, general layout and typologies of berth structures)
- Phase 4. Detailed engineering (supervision of geotechnical and structural calculations and design quality control)
- Phase 5. Elaboration of the documentation for the public tender (supervision of deliverables)
Other programsSee all
Preliminary engineering for the metro line and detailed design for roller tracks in the extension [+]
SENER has carried out, in a 50% consortium with IDOM, the design, the project management [+]
The aim of this Project is the construction of a Primary Health Care Center and [+]