The President of SENER, Jorge Sendagorta, has been awarded the Honorary Member's medal, which is granted by the Spanish Institute of Engineering (Instituto de Ingeniería de España, IIE). This institution decided to give the distinction to Jorge Sendagorta after he was nominated by the Spanish Association of Naval and Ocean Engineers, in recognition of his professional career. According to the institution: “It's a prize to the engineer, but undoubtedly also to the engineering carried out at SENER, which is spearheading Spanish engineering around the world and in the most innovative sectors."... [+]
Systems and systems integration
Systems integration guarantees the final quality and the correct functioning of a piece of infrastructure.
SENER is backed by extensive experience in a range of sectors, from aerospace to transport infrastructure, and it offers a new and dynamic way of managing and executing projects, known as integration engineering.
Systems integration ensures a cross-cutting view of the entire project and closes the gap between the needs of the client, who requires integrated and complete project management so that their budget / deadline / scope objectives are met.
- Systems integration encompasses the following activities:
- Technical environmental, social, economic and financial feasibility reporting for later phases.
- Legal advice.
- Support in competitive bidding procedures (preparation of specifications, RFP, RFQ and review/assessment of bids/tender award proposal).
- Management and monitoring of contracts and subcontracts.
- Program Planning and Control.
- Configuration control.
- Control of works executed by the contractor (overseeing and coordinating the projects and site).
- Change management (checking and monitoring that improvements proposed by the contractor are incorporated and approved).
- Complaints management.
- Verification and Validation.
- Auditing of the contractor’s quality control (internal/external).
- Cost control and invoicing plan.
- Regular progress reports.
- Administrative diary management (meetings, trips, presentations, events, etc.).
- Relationship management with other affected organizations/public information (when appropriate).
- Expropriation management.
- Environmental management.
- Document checking and management.
- As-built project management.
- Risk analysis and mitigation planning.
- Requirements management and traceability to design: checking compliance with design.
- Monitoring, checking and reporting of activities undertaken by the contractor in relation to hazardous materials.
- Sustainability analysis.
- Self-Monitoring of Quality in Integrated Management.
- Health and Safety.
- Coordination between phases, functions and stakeholders (Interfaces).
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
Related content with Systems and systems integration
SENER ha sido galardonada por el diario Deia en los Premios Vodafone Deia Innovation Sariak 2018. Con este reconocimiento, el diario destaca “la constante tradición innovadora de SENER durante todos estos años”, en declaraciones del propio medio.... [+]