Tunnels and geotechnics
In the last year alone, SENER has built more than 100 km of tunnels and has worked on the geotechnical aspects of linear construction projects that span more than 338 km in length.
To achieve this, it has a team of civil engineers, road engineers, geological engineers and mining engineers specialized in tunnel and geotechnical projects.
Some of the technical capabilities covered by these functions are:
- Design and overseeing of geotechnical exploration programs.
- Geological/geotechnical and hydrogeological characterization.
- Tunnels and subterranean works (metros, railways, roads, hydraulic tunnels and caverns).
- Slope stability.
- Materials studies.
- Land improvement treatment.
- Building subsidence protection.
- Auscultation and monitoring.
- Technical supervision of projects (Independent Checker).
- Back-up office for on-site technical support.
Some of SENER’s tunnel projects have won awards for their complexity and innovation.
Related content with Tunnels and geotechnics
The President of SENER, Jorge Sendagorta, has been awarded the Honorary Member's medal, which is granted by the Spanish Institute of Engineering (Instituto de Ingeniería de España, IIE). This institution decided to give the distinction to Jorge Sendagorta after he was nominated by the Spanish Association of Naval and Ocean Engineers, in recognition of his professional career. According to the institution: “It's a prize to the engineer, but undoubtedly also to the engineering carried out at SENER, which is spearheading Spanish engineering around the world and in the most innovative sectors."... [+]
SENER ha sido galardonada por el diario Deia en los Premios Vodafone Deia Innovation Sariak 2018. Con este reconocimiento, el diario destaca “la constante tradición innovadora de SENER durante todos estos años”, en declaraciones del propio medio.... [+]